2007 JET Podcast
Some helpful hints from folks already on the JET Programme. It covers all of those very specific things that you really need to know but may have forgotten to ask or that you just couldn't find answers to. Click here.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back Again In September

For crying out loud, there's been a long time in between updates.  I guess once again, I can do a very quick round up.


In April, my mom visited me in Japan.  That was very awesome.  It was her first trip out of the country.  I was a little nervous as I didn't know how she would adapt to the food and language stuff, but she did alright.  She tried a lot of new things.  I was proud of her.

Then fast forward to July-August....I went home for three weeks.  This was way to little time to see and do all of the things I wanted to do.  I STILL never made it by for a bison burger from City Range!  But overall things were very fun.  A few of my friends are buying new houses which is awesome.  That's such a grown-up thing to do.  Mostly everything was the same, except that my dad and step-mom bought a new house.  So, it was my first time to see it.  I might post some video on Vimeo of the walk-through tour of the new house.  We'll see.

Right now, I'm preparing for the Yuki Matsuri (Snow/Ice Festival) tour that we JETs in Hokkaido do every year.  I'm the Social Coordinator for the Hokkaido JETs Association and that is my duty.  I really kind of hate it, because it's a lot of work, but hopefully the final product will be worthwhile.

I also have a new HD camera, the Canon XH A1.  I'm planning on making a few movies while I'm here -- at least one documentary and one narrative piece.  It's all tricked out (not as tricked out as I want it to be) with a 35mm adapter and such so I think the footage will look REAL good in the end and be a lot of nice things to add to my reel which will hopefully help get me work when I move to LA during the fall of 2009.

Other than that, things are cool.  Loving Japan.  Loving the people I'm here with.  New peeps just arrived a few months ago.  One cool guy is from Ireland and we're going to do ballroom dancing together!

Ciao!

0 what do you have to say...: