2007 JET Podcast
Some helpful hints from folks already on the JET Programme. It covers all of those very specific things that you really need to know but may have forgotten to ask or that you just couldn't find answers to. Click here.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Time Is Winding Down

It's getting closer and closer to that date (the day I leave). I'm trying desperately to wrap up everything, but there is so much to do.

Particularly, it's hard to spend enough time with all the people I care about and now I'm wishing I had started sooner. I guess this is the reality of leaving for a long time.

Maybe I'm a nerd, but I've started making lists of things to buy and lists of things to pack and in which suitcase to pack them in. The plan is to take three suitcases, a toiletries bag, my laptop backpack, and my guitar.

With the airline I'm flying on, you can take two checked bags of 50 lbs each, one small carry-on suitcase, a laptop bag or purse, and an instrument case. I'm planning on putting most of my clothes in the largest suitcase along with my Guitar Hero controller because it's so awkwardly shaped. I will then pack for Tokyo orientation in the medium sized bag inside of which I will also stuff the toiletries bag. These two bags will be the ones I check. I will then take my laptop backpack and put all of my electronics and shoes in the smallest suitcase and have these as carry-ons along with the guitar case.

I'm not sure how much my suitcases will weigh however, though I will try to keep what I bring down to a minimum.

In some ways I am really happy about this move. In others, I'm really stressed out and worried. Not for myself, mind you, because I know where ever I land, I'll be alright, but for the people I love and care for. For various reasons, this is stressing me out just a bit.

0 what do you have to say...: